tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 10 22:27:06 1997

Re: Extra stuff qororvo'

<< > about saying "pip?"  Three letters, one syllable, and I've never heard
it
 said
 > except in the UK.  (It might not be used there now, so if that's true,
 apologies
 > to UK members.)  If it isn't used anymore that makes it even better --
 you'll
 > never confuse it for something else.  If you don't know, "pip" means
"seed,"
 > such a "a pomegranate pip."  The apostrophe in Englist looks a bit like a
 seed.
 > It doesn't in the font that I use ('), but it is in TKD, for instance.
 This
 > might help some of you.  Once again, if you don't want to use it, fine,
you
 > don't have to, but I think I will.

     Pips are the little things on the collars of starfleet officers which
tell their ranks. Yeah, I'd could see some confusion over that. I still like
the idea of calling it a tick.

Back to archive top level