tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 10 22:59:07 1997

Re: Klingon song from TNG

|Anyone know the title of the two parter where Worf discovers the
|Romulan/Klingon camp?
|I have an audio tape of the war song that Toq sings after going out on
|the hunt with Worf. Any one want a copy?
|
|Qo'NeS

The episode was called "Birthright". Here's the entry on what Paramount
calls the "Klingon Anthem" from the official Star Trek CONTINUUM website
on MSN:

Anthem, Klingon
Carraya IV Klingon leader L'Kor, and later Ba'El, sings this traditional
anthem at dusk around the camp campfire initially as a lullaby, although it is
really a warrior's song. A partial translation is provided:
    "van'aj javDIch Qong DIr Sa'VIch
     ghIH yot quelI'Pa qevas HoH Qa...
     teblaw'nghu mughato'Du
     ylja'Qo' ... yija'Qo ... yija'Qo.
    "Bagh Da tuHmoh (fire streaks the heavens).
     ChojaJ Duh rHo (battle has begun).
     ylja'Qo' ... yija'Qo ... yija'Qo"
(Reference: Birthright, Part I)

[TM & Copyright � 1996 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use, The Microsoft Network.]

I haven't corrected any of the spelling; this is what Paramount provided to
the site. (Not that I could have as this song is pretty much gibberish.)

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level