tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 04 14:00:22 1997

Re: UNO & colors

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen wrote:

> Simply because a culture doesn't have separate names for what you might
> label as two distinct colors should not suggest that they cannot
> perceive the difference between them.

Yes!  I've always liked this as an example of the alien-ness
of Klingons.  I'd doubt that we'd see them use the colors
Blue, Green and Yellow distinctly (as we appear to see them do)
if they couldn't perceive them.

I remember that HolQeD article, but don't see it in the index at
www.kli.org. When was that, and can someone summarize?

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
   ***  QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh, ***
   ***  'ach parmaq vIghajbe', vaj jIchuSchoHqu' ***
  http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level