tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 04 09:19:56 1997

jIghuHmoH! Warning!

ramDaq ghogh vIQoy - I Hear A Voice In The Night.

Late one night (well, not so late) I was puttering around on my
computer - I was online both to my work and AOL, and had more software
running than I could keep track of.  I was startled to hear a command
in Klingon - "So'wI' yIchu'!" [engage the cloaking device].

This puzzled me, and I assumed that something online - I was in a Trek
related area on AOL - also Netscape was running - had done it.

Then, on another day the voice called to me, and I wasn't running ANYTHING
online.  I had hardly any programs running, except.... the Klingon Klock.

I've had that clock running so long, and grown to rely on it calling
out the hour, that I never noticed it had an alarm clock feature!
However, my 9 year old daughter (who hogs the computer more than I do)
HAD... and perhaps when she was practicing her Klingon accent with the
Klingon Language Lab (as she does from time to time; it is an
arresting sound to hear come up from the basement) , she decided to
set it for a time I was likely to be online...

So, I don't have dreams of Klingon like Lawrence, but sometimes I hear
voices.... and if you run the Klingon Klock.. be warned, you may too.

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
   ***  QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh, ***
   ***  'ach parmaq vIghajbe', vaj jIchuSchoHqu' ***
  http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level