tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 02 22:15:45 1997

RE: Origin of 3/wej?

On Sunday, March 02, 1997 9:37 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Curtis
Gibson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >   I noticed a possible source for the Klingon word "wej" when I saw The
> > Empire Strikes Back: Special Edition the other night. The character
"Wedge"
> > in Empire had the call name Rogue *3*, and the last word he said before he
> > died was "three." This may be just a coincidence, of course.
> >
> > -taD
> I had noticed this when practicing my counting while watching my video
> tape of the original version of the movie. And a nitpick.. Wedge didn't
> die; he is in on the assualt on the second death star in RotJ.
> --
> -Mhoram
>
> Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your
>  two cents in. Somebody's makin' a penny somewhere. -Stephen Wright

Guys, Wedge is the one whose engine was shot during "Star Wars" as they flew
down the trench of the Death Star.  Luke told him to get out of there, as he
couldn't do any more good like that.  He apologizes, and flies off.  He
doesn't die.  I don't know if he was Rogue 3 or not.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level