tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 22 23:07:34 1997

Re: mughmeH qeq

ja' peHruS:
>...Four days after the rain stopped the boulder fell.
>Thank you all for your analysis.  I regret that the sentence did not separate
>into phrases well for you.

jang SuStel:
>SISpu'. qaS loS jaj. pum nagh'a'.

jang charghwI':
>SuS [sic] 'e' mev. qaS loS jaj. pum nagh'a'.

It seems that it separates into phrases quite well...if you don't insist that
it all be stuffed into a single sentence. :-).  English is good at packing a
lot of ideas and explanations into an utterance; Klingon is not.  Klingon is
good at expressing subtle qualifications of accuracy; English is not.  Trying
to mirror complex English phrasing in a Klingon sentence is rarely productive.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level