tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 22 23:07:32 1997

Re: MSN Canon

Qermaq quotes nebulous "friends at MSN":
>Dr. Okrand supplied us with a list of Klingon words and their one-word
>English definitions...

maj.  vaj QaQbej mu'meyvam.

>As for the expanded definitions, we made them up here at STAR TREK:
>CONTINUUM, so they're not Okrand-Approved. But we tried to simply define
>the English version of the word he supplied in a manner similar to a
>dictionary, sometimes with a little Klingon flair. {{:-)

Okay, we can safely ignore the "expanded definitions" as they have now been
admitted as having been "made up" by the folks at MSN.  Expanding {jaj} to
mean "time taken for *Earth* to rotate once" was meant as "Klingon flair"?!
And who took it upon himself to give {je'} the additional meaning of "eat"?
Maybe these "friends at MSN" would be willing to undo some of the "frills"
they have imposed on the vocabulary.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level