tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 16 05:59:54 1997

KLBC:

>Right.  The sentence has no object.  The subject was correct.
Wow! I actually got something right!

Well, I'm still trying. I tried "I intend to hunt down the Enterprise and
destroy it". I know it is probably a bit ambitious for someone at my skill
level but I have to learn sooner or later!
I got a bit confused with "destroy" because as it says in Will Martin's word
list, destroy is listed in TKD as being a noun & verb. I'm not sure what it is
but since TKD gives an example of it as a verb I'm using it as such in my
example. I worked out the following:

'entepray' vIwam 'ej vIQaw'moH 'e' vIHech

It is hopefully something like "I intent to hunt down the Enterprise and cause
its destruction".

'entepray' vIwam - I hunt the Enterprise
vIQaw'moH		  - I destroy it (the Enterprise)
vIHech			  - I intend to (referring to previous sentence)

Now, onto something else. I have a program for an ANSI editor called WARLOCK
which loads an non-standard set of extended ASCII characters into memory. I
managed to modify the program so that ASCII codes 130-169 represent (or at
least approximate - heck, there's only so much you can do in an 8x16 font!)
the letters and numbers of pIqaD. It will only work on PC's but if anyone
wants a copy, give me a yell.

qatlho' (That SHOULD be "Thank you")

Regards,
	qarnoS

	[email protected]
	"How little you mortals understand time, must you be so linear?..."

Back to archive top level