tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 09:25:12 1997

RE: KLBC: betleH (grammar practice but also need some information)

jatlh wIvqu':

> pIj *Hov leng*-Daq betleH vIlegh, 'ej vIbejbej.

Your translation said, "And [I] always watched carefully."  If you say
{vIbejbej}, it means, "I definitely watched carefully," "I watched, that's not
at all in question."  If you mean to say that you checked out every piece of
evidence, and took into account every angle, you can say {vIbejchu'}.

> loS qammey
> Danlaw' betleH.

Klingon feet?  Human feet?  Hobbit feet?  Whose feet?

A "foot" is a measurement of twelve inches.  We don't know the equivalent
Klingon unit of measurement, or anything close to it (all we know of is
{qelI'qammey}).  Write out "feet."

loS "foot"-mey Danlaw' betleH.

> 'uchmeH Daq chenmoHDI' loDnI'lI',

"Husband" is {loDnal}.  "Brother" is {loDnI'}.

> betleH chenmoHta'DI', HetaQvo' paq SuqnIS.

*HetaQ* paq je'laHbe'.  paqmeyDaj ngev *HetaQ* 'e' mev ghaH net raD.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level