tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 05 18:30:19 1997

Re: Sojtaj*

Donald E. Vick wrote:

> > #5 We need to add "fork" on the wish list at the qep'a'.
>
>      No we don't, any more than we need "horse" on the wish list.

jIQochbe'chu'!

> Both are alien objects that do not occur naturally in a Klingon
> habitat.  Using the alien word for them, or a descriptive construct,
> is perfectly acceptable.  We could use a general word for "tool"
> though.

I asked for "tool" and some tool words last year at the qep'a'.  It's
very hard for me to talk about my job in Hol, as I'm a mechanic.  I can
say {*tires* DonmoHbogh mIqta' vIlo'} and you *might* guess that I do
wheel alignments, but I can't describe the procedure to you without
words for "wrench", "ratchet", "socket" and "pneumatic impact gun".

We *did* get "hammer", even if it was as a weapon more than a tool....

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

[email protected]