tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 06 02:12:54 1997

Re: Sojtaj*

In a message dated 97-06-05 18:09:41 EDT, Thaddeus writes:

<< > #5 We need to add "fork" on the wish list at the qep'a'.

      No we don't, any more than we need "horse" on the wish list.
 Both are alien objects that do not occur naturally in a Klingon
 habitat.  Using the alien word for them, or a descriptive construct,
 is perfectly acceptable.  We could use a general word for "tool"
 though.

I am not sure what Klingons would like most to reveal to us Terrans next of
their language.  I am wishing for lots of new words.  But, since you feel we
do not need to add "horse" to our list, I will just ride my {Sargh} up to a
tlhIngan tach and ask the chom there for a HIq qIj.

peHruS

Back to archive top level