tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 05 08:44:41 1997

Re: KLBC: Words for assassin & blade

>Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "SuSvaj" <[email protected]>
>

>Once an assassination occurs, it is no secret.  But J.W. Booth did sneak in
>by stealth and shoot Lincoln unaware.  My point is that what an assassin
>does ALWAYS involves secrecy, as opposed to a forthright challenge to
>personal combat.

Does it really?  Maybe Lincoln's wasn't an ideal example, but I think in
English we call *any* killing of a major political figure an assassination,
no matter the mode in which it is accomplished.

~mark

Back to archive top level