tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 20:17:24 1997

Re: Klingon for the Galactic Traveller

Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> Besides, it's a risk.  Exhilarating, isn't it?

This reminds me...  I just finished reading "Into the Storm" by Tom
Clancy and Gen. Fred Franks, and in it they refer to a quote by Erwin
Rommel regarding the differences between "risks" and "gambles".  It
occured to me that, in tlhIngan Hol, the difference between a "risk" and
a "gamble" is the same as the difference between "blue" and "green".
<g>

BTW, I intend to take a stab at translating that section of the text.
It deals with the principles of war.  If I can't translate passages
regarding military principles into the Language of Warriors, then we
have a *serious* problem here....

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'