tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 10:31:39 1997

Re: KLBC: Words for assassin & blade

>> {ghobwI'} is an interesting word.  It certainly means "one who wages war," so
>> we're left with the question of why we don't see this word used as "warrior."
>> Perhaps {ghob} is less concerned with hand-to-hand combat (which would be
>> {Suv}) and refers to large-scale battle.  The two uses in TKW (pp. 61, 179)
>> seem to support this idea.  If this is true, then {ghobwI'} would mean someone
>> (or a side) who wages a large-scale battle or war.  Remember, this is just
>> speculation.

I always assumed that just because one can wage war, one is not necessarily
A Warrior (tm).  One does not have to have honor (which is essential to
be A Warrior) to "wage war."

tevram
[email protected]

Back to archive top level