tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 10:11:05 1997

Re: qep'a' loSDIchvo' jIchegh

Exchange on uploading audio files:

>>experienced at qep'a'. You can send and receive audio files at
>>ftp.kli.org/pub/Sounds/ and one is there right now. This fully replaces the

>Erm, that should not work, by rights (if it does, there's a problem).  See,
>when you ftp to ftp.kli.org, you can (or should be able to) upload *only*
>to the /incoming directory, whence nobody (not even you) can download.
[...]
>others).  I'm not sure how to do something like what you propose without
>falling prey to this problem.

I didn't mean to overlook these practical issues. One could *indirectly*
upload files thru /incoming. I know this shifts the workload greatly onto
your shoulders; I'm sorry I didn't verify that. I still like the idea of the
exchange, and for as many people as participated in the magnetic tape
version despite its many disadvantages, complications, and cost, I'd hope to
see a good response to a digital version. It would still not be the same
game, but much more random. I had hoped merely to bring about a selection of
files to pick from instead of the one that's been alone for the past two
years. After all, it has a whole directory unto itself, and without neighbors.

Back to archive top level