tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 26 12:18:45 1997

Re: Space Cadets

>That Space Cadets promotional spiel was composed by myself, Alex Greene...

qatIch 'e' vIHechbe', 'ach jIQuch, ghItlhvetlh pabqoq vIlajnISbe'mo'.
Don't get me wrong, but I am gratified that the (ahem) "creative" grammar
presented there doesn't have to be taken as correct.

>But next time I get a job like this to do, I hope I'll have enough time
>to check up on what's hot on the mailing list first.

rurbogh Qu' Data'nISqa'DI' jutlhobchugh qaqbej.
That would probably be a good thing.

>Finally, does the author of the Klingon translation of the 23rd Pslam
>now have to rewrite the line from "Yea, though I walk through the valley
>of the shadow of death" to incorporate <vegh>? It would seem that <vegh>
>qualifies for walking through a valley, it being somewhat similar to
>passing through a tunnel.

wejpuH.

No, I don't think so.  Walking through a metaphorical valley is *not*
passing through an opening from one place to another.  Passing through
a valley is like passing through a forest, to which {vegh} does not apply.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level