tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 24 16:57:29 1997

Skybox Card S9

I wrote:
|>Okrand has described this very ceremony in Skybox card S9,
|>finessing the lack of a word for "row (of people)" - apparently {tlhegh}
|>"line, rope" wasn't quite right:
|>   poSDaq nIHDaq je QamtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'. chaH jojDaq yItnIS lopwI'
|>   "The initiate must pass through a gauntlet of warriors."

charghwI' replied:
|Does the card really have a period there? That first
|mu'tlheghqoq has no main verb.

When I got home I double-checked HolQeD 4.3 p.4 where cards S7-S9 were
published. There is indeed a period after {SuvwI'pu'} though this may have
been a typo. There's another typo three words later where Lawrence omitted
a space: {jItnISlopwI'}. This sentence certainly makes more sense with a
comma. Anyone actually have this card?

Voragh

Back to archive top level