tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 15:27:12 1997

Re: KLBC: Re: We are klingons

[email protected] on behalf of [email protected] wrote:

> jatlhpu' SuStel:
> > heh . . .
> > tlhInganmey maH!  ghom'a'mo' waw' wIjevlaH.
>
> 1.- "Because we are a big group, we can storm them"?

"Because of the crowd, we can storm the base."

> 2.- shouldn't that be tlhInganpu' ?

Not in this case.  I was making a little joke, based on the recent discussion.
 It's quite true; normally, one would say {tlhInganpu' maH} is the correct
version, if one is adding a plural marker.  However, when {-mey} is used as
the plural marker for beings capable of using language, it gives the noun a
"scattered all about" meaning.  See TKD page 23.

tlhInganmey maH!
We are Klingons (scattered all about)!

> 3.- After that long "We are klingons"-Discussion, Why don't you say
"thlIngan
> maH" ?

'Cause that would ruin the joke.

--