tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 23:40:01 1997

Re: Space Cadets

<http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/spacecadets>

ja' Qov:
>It's really an excellent translation of the English text, as good as
>I could do.  If it *wasn't* done by MO, I want to meet the one who
>did it.

nuqjatlh?  jIQochqu'!
ta'vamvaD SoH QaQ law' mughwI'qoq QaQ puS!

"excellent"?!  {meHmeyDaq tIjaH}?!
Using a {-vo'}-marked noun after another noun to modify it?!
Placing a {-meH} clause at the end of a sentence?!

What you see as a "simple answer" to a long-standing issue, I see
merely as a poor attempt to translate something without knowing how
the grammar is supposed to work.  If Okrand *did* do this, I would
be very surprised.  I am already very disappointed by its quality.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level