tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 12:13:44 1997

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 311

Nick Nicholas writes:
>...The fact that this is a first mention, however (i.e. new information in
>the mini-discourse) suggests to me a topic-use of -'e' here is unlikely. (You
>don't say "As for the Klingon painstick" out of the blue, usually...)

However, on a card titled "Klingon painstick" you might do just that, which
is why I considered this use to be a prime candidate for the "topic" idea.
The real "first mention" is in the title of the card itself.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level