tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 06:28:11 1997

flaps and umbrellas (was Joke word - HoSchem)

[email protected] on behalf of William H. Martin wrote:

> Has it ever occured to you that perhaps a Klingon Bird of Prey
> doesn't HAVE flaps? In fact, I don't remember seeing any movies
> or episodes involving any vehicles that required any.

loghDaq muD tu'lu'be' vaj "flaps" lupoQbe'lu'ba'.

muD 'ellaH toQDuj.  "flaps" lupoQlu''a'?  muD 'ellaH je lupDujHom.  telmey
ghajbe'!  "flaps" lo'be'bej!  chaq "flaps" poQbe' toQDuj.

> And I
> don't remember seeing any Kligons holding up umbrellas, either,
> so I don't have a lot of sympathy for those begging for THAT
> word, EITHER.

"umbrella" lo'Qo' SuvwI'na'.  bIQ qaD.  (SuS qaD qoH neH net Sov.)  qab bIQ.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian -- qoH vuvbe' SuStel

Back to archive top level