tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 15:40:21 1997

Re: Go back three spaces...

[email protected] on behalf of charghwI' wrote:

> wa'Hu' jupwI' juHDaq loS qelIqam jIqet. "Yesterday, I walked
> four kelicams to my friend's house."
>
> I didn't walk the four kelicams any more than I walked the
> yesterday or walked the to my friend's house. I just walked.
> Four kelicams is just how far I walked, just like yesterday
> is when I walked and to my friend's house is where I walked.
> They set the environment for the action. They are not
> necessarily the object of the action.

With the new SkyBox vocabulary in HolQeD, one *might* be able to construct the
following sentence:

wa'Hu' jupwI' juHDaq jIqet.  loS qelI'qam 'ab chuq.

Let's hope we see futher clarification of this soon.

> > The problem in tlhIngan Hol is that we lack so many words for
measurements.
> >  No "quarts, gallons, tons, pounds, feet, etc."

Well, one {'uj} seems to be close to one foot.  It looks like the Klingons
didn't borrow *every* scientific convention from Earth.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level