tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 12:04:27 1997

Re: Analysis of new Skybox cards

ja' Qob:
>{beyHom bey bey'a' jachtaH latlh tlhInganpu'.}
>"The other Klingons cry out small howls, howls, great howls."
>
>This is mega-weird. If I didn't have the English text of the card
>I'd be completely lost. This is apparently how you express a series
>of events through time...??????

Sure looks like it.  There's no syntactic glue required; one just puts
the successive actions in order.  See TKW page 5:

"Klingons are born, live as warriors, then die."
{bogh tlhInganpu', SuvwI'pu' moj, Hegh.}

It seems to work for anything describing an action, nouns as well as sentences.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level