tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 16:18:35 1997

Re: yIvem ej qa'vIn yIlargh

> Personally, I'd go for
>
> jIjatlh <qa'vIn tIr>.  <DI> vIpoQbe'.
>
> That's the interesting thing.  Here, I can only assume that the
quotation,
> {DI}, is the object of this sentence.  It's not a verb of saying, it's
> intentionally treating {DI} as a noun.  I don't think this is wrong;
we're
> just referring to a word.  If it were a quote, I'd probably say {<DI>
jIjatlh
> 'e' vIpoQbe'}.

*DI* is a noun, isn't it?  It means "Debris".  So by saying *qa'vIn DIr
DI*, I am literally saying, "Coffee grain debris."  This was the only way I
could think of to indicate that the beans had been ground up.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level