tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 16:50:41 1997

Re: yIvem ej qa'vIn yIlargh

At 04:11 PM 1/17/97 -0800, eric d. zay wrote:
>What's this?!  If you have a point about the language to make that's fine,
>but if you can't engage in a discussion without resorting to personal
>attacks, then maybe you should take a prozac and calm down before posting!

... Okay, I apologize. I just get aggravated when someone bluntly says that
one of my sentences doesn't make any sense.

>This was not at issue.  Nothing I said had anything to do with the use of
>quotes.

What are you talking about? We were discussing how to write your sentence.

>A line from a joke in Power Klingon says:
>
>		'avwI'vaD jatlh qama', *jIghung*
>
>It is translated on the tape as "A prisoner says to the guard, *I am
>hungery.*"  This supports the use of *jatlh* in a transitive way, meaning
>"say".

Yes, but from that sentence, we cannot tell if it is transitive or not
because of the 0 prefix. But, it is controversy, as many people have pointed
out to me, so I offer it only as a suggestion, not as an "order".

-mayq

Back to archive top level