tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 18:05:04 1997

Re: Quotable quotes

At 05:43 PM 1/15/97 -0800, eric d. zay wrote:
>As mark said, it is often interesting to compare other languages with
>Klingon, to explore possible ways of phrasing things.  I enjoyed it when
>ghunchu'wI included the Italian text, along side the Klingon version, from
>Dante's Inferno,  I am also interested to hear the observations from our
>Spanish and Portuguese members on how Klingon compares to their languages.
>As long as the messages are primarily about tlhIngan Hol, I see no harm in
>the occasional tidbits of other languages.

I guess so; I just found it unnecessary and somewhat inappropriate, as it
had no real bearing on the questions at hand, because he had the English
translations right there as well. A third language written in for no other
reason than being in a book, I merely find it, well, to put it bluntly,
useless. That's all. And, I should've kept my comment to myself, I know :),
but I've felt the need to post to the list since I haven't done much posting
since last month or November. :)

-mayq

Back to archive top level