tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 17:39:23 1997

Re: Quotable quotes

----------
> From: mayq <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Quotable qoutes
> Date: Wednesday, January 15, 1997 5:35 PM
>
> >> qatlh 'e' Dajatlh?  tIQ, Daj je <latin>.
> >*Holvam yajchugh ghaH vaj laHDaj vIHo'bej.*  'e' vIHech.
>
> 'ach qatlh? qatlh "Latin" lo'?
>
> This list is about Klingon; not Latin.
>
> -mayq

HIja' tlhIngan Hol JabbI'ID ghom 'oHbej, 'ach tuchlu'be' tera'ngan Holmey.

As mark said, it is often interesting to compare other languages with
Klingon, to explore possible ways of phrasing things.  I enjoyed it when
ghunchu'wI included the Italian text, along side the Klingon version, from
Dante's Inferno,  I am also interested to hear the observations from our
Spanish and Portuguese members on how Klingon compares to their languages.
As long as the messages are primarily about tlhIngan Hol, I see no harm in
the occasional tidbits of other languages.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level