tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 18:58:14 1997

RE: chay'

January 14, 1997 12:30 PM EST, jatlh ~mark:

>  This is certainly true.  I would not recommend anyone use "'ar" as SuStel
>  has, absent a ruling from Okrand.

I was not recommending that anyone do this.  What I meant was that it made as
much sense to me, if not more, than did {chay'}.  By no means will I ever say
anything like it without Okrand walking up to me personally and telling me,
"Go ahead and do it."  :)

> >Finally, I resent your having been the first to reply.

> He just happened to see it before other people did,
> happened to be at his computer at the right moment, happened to be
> connected by fast mailers, happened to be ready with a response before
> other people got around to it.

Actually, I just happen to read my mail in the evenings, EST, while most of
the list's mail is written in the morning and afternoon.  When most check
their mail, only some of it has accumulated which I will get all of later on.
This leads to me getting to reply before many others, who will have to wait
until the following day to even see the post.

And my mail route usually is pretty fast.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level