tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 05:03:44 1997

KLBC: translation (first Volley)

 >>> joH'a'    ie    Mhoram
 >>> thlIngan name: Highlord (if I got it right)
 >
 >> Yes, you did.  I think "High lord" is closer to {joH'a'} is than "god."
 >> (Some in the KSRP have used {joH'a'} as "god" or "God," and it makes
 >> sense, but I think it's a very specific usage for a very generally
 >> useful word.)

 > You're probably right... But it will still jar on me, since I've
 > gotten so used to it as [Gg]od. :)  But that's my problem.

I suspect that the Klingon for "High Lord" would be something on the order of
{joHquv}.  Note that "High Council" is {yejquv}, "High Command" is
{ra'ghomquv} and Supreme Commander is {la'quv}.  {tlhIngan Hol} tends toward
the use of "honor" or "be honored" (instead of "high") to designate such lofty
positions.

Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

Back to archive top level