tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 13 19:17:32 1997

Re: Hallmark Commercial

>Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:46:14 -0800
>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>
>At 10:12 PM 1/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>:when was this comercial shown? where was it shown? could someone
>:describe it at least? sounds like i missed something fun.
>:
>:syndee b
>
>If memory serves, this commercial aired during the Christmas season of 1993
>or 1994 to hype that year's Hallmark Star Trek Christmas tree ornament. It
>was very well done and clearly had Paramount's full cooperation and
>production facilities (at least their sets, costumes and makeup people).
>Marc Okrand translated the dialogue which Robert O'Reilly (Gowron) delivered
>well. The other two Klingon crewmen... not so well, unfortunately. The
>following is based on my own transcription and that of Glen Proechel who
>seemed to understand the other two crewman better than I did. Of course,
>none of this has been verified by the script or any input from Okrand. Has
>anyone talked to him about it?

I asked him (Okrand) to see if he could find his script for it.  He said
he'd look, but if it wasn't in the first place he looked it probably would
be tough to find.

As I said, I have to take anything not confirmed by Okrand (or at least
nearly universally accepted by most/all hearers) with a grain or two of
salt.

~mark

Back to archive top level