tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 13 09:28:56 1997

Paramount Hol

yIlaD!  potlh 'oH jabbI'IDvam.

For all those interested, the "Paramount Hol" page is revised, up, and alive!
There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 entries now, with the usual
information.  New to the revision is SOURCE CITATIONS, so you can refer to
taped episodes for reviewal, and in many cases a good laugh! {{:-)

For those who aren't aware of what my Paramount Hol page is, let me explain.  I
have catalogued and cross-referenced some 150 words, phrases, and sayings from
the Star Trek series and movies.  Most are not good {tlhIngan Hol}, but they
are there nonetheless.  The purpose of the list is twofold.  First, to provide
a reference for writers or the curious-minded as to what Paramount has done in
the past.  Secondly, I hope the more serious and seasoned students will enjoy
seeing Paramount's follies in their frequent misuse of {tlhIngan Hol}.  The
page is at:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6559/parhol.htm

Disclaimer: under no circumstances should any of the words or phrases on my
page be used in conversation unless both parties involved are aware that the
word(s) in question are not Okrandian canon, and are words created by a
Paramount writer for the show Star Trek.  Those new to the language should be
very careful not to confuse this list with a list of canon words, which it most
defiantely and admittedly is not.  Have fun!  I urge everone to check the page
out, and send me feedback, comments or suggestions.  I have gotten quite a few
very informative or helpful messages in the past regarding the page, and I hope
to get many more, so that I can ultimately have the best reference possible.

yo' qIjDaq batlh botu'jaj!

KLBC: Did I get that right?  I was trying to say, "May you (plural) find honor
with the Black Fleet," but I'm not sure if my usage of -Daq was appropriate.
I understand that it is not a literal translation, but these things rarely
are.  Is there canon for this famous line?

Qapla'
-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level