tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 21:35:15 1997

RE: Sorta new

January 11, 1997 8:31 PM EST, jatlh Thornton Rose:

> I want to create an end-of-transmission screem, like the ones
> that we see all the time on the Star Trek shows, and want to put tlhIngan
> Hol on it. Perhaps I could use <rin jabbI'ID>?

Hee hee!  This is an unusual moment, in which we know the correct {pIqaD} to
use, but we have no idea what it means!  Watch the screen in the beginning of
Star Trek VI, at the end of the "incident" scene.  When the transmission is
done, you see a screen with Klingon symbols on it.  (I believe this is the set
where, if you use the KLI's unofficial letter mapping, the first word turns
out to be {ngagh} "mate with.")

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian