tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 12:54:47 1997

Re: Cut downs

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, George Morton wrote:
|I was wondering, are "yo' mama" jokes particularly offensive to Klingons?
|Or would it be better to make fun of their father?

I imagine it would depend on what you were trying to accomplish. It is
probably safer to make fun of a person's mother if you're participating in
a round of mu'qaD veS ("Hab SoSlI' Quch!") or simply trying to get someone
mad. For example, in "The Way of the Warrior" Drex tried to provoke Odo by
insulting his mother. (It didn't work. As Garak pointed out, Odo doesn't
have a mother.) But if you want to start a blood feud with someone then by
all means insult their father (and, by extension, their entire House). Of
course, you'd better be ready to explain to your epetai (tuq DevwI'?) why
you've done this--assuming you survive.

- Voragh

Back to archive top level