tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 10 17:11:50 1997

Cut downs

I was wondering, are "yo' mama" jokes particularly offensive to Klingons?
Or would it be better to make fun of their father?

If I said:

verengan oH SoS'e'   ;{
Your mother's a Ferengi!  (Intentionaly using {oH} to make it even more tragic)
              or

QuchDu' Habqu' ghaj 'e' boghjaj puqpu'lI'
May your children be born possessing very smooth foreheads!
(I think this is right, but I'm not sure how to properly use {'e'})

(Of course, I don't plan to really say this to anyone, at least not someone
who speaks Klingon!) Would I immediatley be slapped backhand across the
face, challenged to a fight to the death?  :)

Back to archive top level