tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 08 15:01:11 1997

RE:KLBC:Hello

>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: RE: KLBC: Hello
>
>Answering the call of KLBC:
>
>January 06, 1997 8:30 PM, jatlh George Morton:
>
>> jaj QoQ!
>
>Day music?

Oops.  I meant to say:  jaj QaQ
"Good day", or "Hello"

>> noSaj, QojwI' puqloD jIH.
>
>What's {noSaj}?  It doesn't seem to be a word.

It's supposed to be my name (noSaj is Jason spelled backwards).
I was hoping this would translate:
"I am noSaj, son of QojwI'"
Question: in Klingon, do appositives come directly after the noun they refer
to, or do they go before?

QaHlI'vaD qatlho'
(or should it be " QaHlI'mo' qatlho' "?)

(In case I messed this up, too, I think the first says "I thank you for your
help", and the second says "I thank you because of your help.")

                                                         noSaj

Back to archive top level