tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 07 17:36:21 1997

RE: KLBC: Hello

Answering the call of KLBC:

January 06, 1997 8:30 PM, jatlh George Morton:

> jaj QoQ!

Day music?

Perhaps you should include an English translation, until you become sure of
your Klingon.

> noSaj, QojwI' puqloD jIH.

What's {noSaj}?  It doesn't seem to be a word.

Are you a "warrior's son"?  The two usual terms for "warrior" is {SuvwI'} and
{vaj}.  There's nothing wrong with {QojwI'}, though, and it presents a nice
change of pace from the usual words.  I had to look it up.

> batlh tebjaj ghoSbogh jajmeyraj.

If honor is literally something you can pour into a container, then you can
say

wej qaSpu'bogh jajmeyraj tebjaj batlh
May honor fill your days which have not yet occurred.

Perhaps you might prefer a less metaphorical one (we don't know if the
metaphor works in Klingon):

reH batlh SuSuvjaj!
May you always fight with honor!

This is just one sentiment.  You can, or course, find lots of other ways to
express it.

> Could somebody please tell me how you say: "I am honored to be here."?  Is
> it: " DaqvamDaq jIHneS " or am I totally lost in the dark?

This is more akin to "I am at this location, your Honor."  The "your Honor" is
included to get across the idea of respect to one's superior, which is easily
expressed with {-neS}.

This is a good candidate for {-mo'}:

naDev jIHtaHmo', jIquv.
Because I am here, I am honored.