tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 20:51:57 1997

Re: name question

<< January 03, 1997 10:54 PM, jatlh SuSvaj:

 > This is kind of a subjective statement, but *vIvoqlu' * just doesn't sound
 > like a name to me.  It is more of a statement.  If you want to stick with
 > the concept of "faith", I would suggest *voqlu'wI' *, "One who is
trusted."
 >  Does anyone see a problem with that? >>

SuStel responds:

> Yeah.  It's yet another name which ends in {-wI'}.  I honestly think that
> Klingons just don't use this suffix in their names!  Has there been a
single
> Klingon on Star Trek who has?

Although we have not seen Star Trek Klingons with -wI' names, that does not
mean they dont exist! In English we have many names like that ( Baker,
Webster, etc.)
and many other languages have names with similar grammatical constructions.

Brent Kesler
Breng, qetlher puqloD

Back to archive top level