tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 22:17:08 1997

Name questions and My Two Cents Worth.....

       By no means am I even close to anexpert on the Klingon Language. However
Looking at the race as a whole, there culture is based around war, and
warriors. Ther names have been to date, Kor, Kang, Kahless, Worf,  I have never
seen 'wI on the end of the characters name.  By the time of the next
generation, there where billions of Klingons in the galaxy.  Someone would be
hard pressed, to say that a name 'wI could not exist.

       I would just chose my name as what fits your out looks.

Well, now here is a question.  In the Klingon Lanaguge does, Worf, Kor , Kang,
Klank, Kahless have means or are they just words?

My two cents

Watcher

> > This is kind of a subjective statement, but *vIvoqlu' * just doesn't sound
> > like a name to me.  It is more of a statement.  If you want to stick with
> > the concept of "faith", I would suggest *voqlu'wI' *, "One who is
>trusted."
> >  Does anyone see a problem with that? >>
>
>SuStel responds:
>
>> Yeah.  It's yet another name which ends in {-wI'}.  I honestly think that
>> Klingons just don't use this suffix in their names!  Has there been a
>single
>> Klingon on Star Trek who has?
>
>Although we have not seen Star Trek Klingons with -wI' names, that does not
>mean they dont exist! In English we have many names like that ( Baker,
>Webster, etc.)
>and many other languages have names with similar grammatical constructions.
>
>Brent Kesler
>Breng, qetlher puqloD

........The rules of the game say Il ne peut y en avoir u'un..........