tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 02 14:33:58 1997

Sorry! ...And a Question.

For some reason I don't know, there seems to be some sort of garbage in
my last post, lots of "=20" and the like.  If I somehow screwed up, let
me apologize.  Does anybody know why it did that?  I could understand if
I had cut and pasted from Word or something with smart quotes, but that
message was composed here in Netscape.  Oh well, sorry none-the-less,
and please ignore the garbage!

Now, as to my question.  I know that it is fairly bad pronunciation, but
has anybody bothered to attempt the transcription of the Klingon "Anthem"
from KCD?  I started to try myself, but needless to say I found it
difficult.  About all I got was the phrases {qeylIS puqloD}, {puqbe'pu'},
and {SuvwI'}.  Did Okrand write the song, or was it, ahem, constructed by
our friends at SSI? {{:-) I for one would like to know what they're
singing about!  I find it difficult to transcribe mostly due to the
pronunciation.  The very first word in the song is pronounced three
different ways the three times she sings it; {qoy}, {Hoy}, and {voy}, if
my ear serves me well.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level