tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 27 18:18:58 1997

RE: chu'wI'

jatlh Elren Schmelrin:

> 'elren 'oH pongwIj'e'
> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh vIneH
> mu'mey vIghoj vIneH 'ach qawHaqwIj qab vIghaj

There's only one problem here: you've said "But I have my bad databanks."  I'm
not too partial on using such a word for biological memory, but it's not
important right now.  You don't want that {-wIj} on {qawHaq}.

Also, why speak of "having" when you can say

qab qawHaqwIj?
My databanks are bad.

Better yet, get rid of the {qawHaq} word altogether, and say

qab yabwIj
My brain is bad.

It's a bit out there, but you could even say,

qab qawlaHghachwIj
My ability to remember is bad.

> I hope that makes some sense, I tried to say
> My name is 'elren
> I want to speak Klingon
> I want to learn words but I have a bad memory
>
> I used to speak a fair bit of Klingon, but I
> stopped for a while, and got rather rusty :(

yIqeqchoH!  yIqeqtaH!  reH yIqeqtaH!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian