tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 20 23:35:52 1997

RE: Need some clearification.

jatlh DaraQ:

> > > I have a question in my postal course that asks for a Klingon
Translation
> > > "I see fools everwhere in this army."
> > >
> > > which I translate as <Dat mangghomDaq qoHpu' vIlegh>
> > >
> Yes, I know My sentence is fine. I want a clearifcation on the placement
> of <Dat>. I am assuming you will tell me that <Dat> does NOT have to go at
> the front of the sentence 'cause it's not an adverbial. qar'a'?

Oh, sorry.  Sure, one could just as easily say {mangghomDaq Dat qoHpu'
vIlegh}.  Yes, it's not an adverbial, it's a locative, and follows all the
rules that nouns with {-Daq} follow.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian