tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 07 13:11:10 1997

Re: Word origin speculation

jatlh Kavok...

T::>On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:41:36 -0800,
 ::>"David Trimboli" <[email protected]> wrote about Word origin speculation:
 ::>> I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of car Marc Okrand was driving
 ::>> around, oh, say, 1983?  Was is a broken down Saab?  Or perhaps someone he
 ::>knew
 ::>> had one?  Maybe his neighbor "Jill"?
 ::>>
 ::>> Perhaps Okrand had a reason to make the word {Sab} mean "decline,
 ::>> deteriorate."
 ::>>
 ::>> --
 ::>> SuStel
 ::>> Beginners' Grammarian
 ::>> Stardate 97098.4
 ::>>
 ::>Perhaps he got this word from the Terran word 'shabby'. =)

 This is a nice possibility - for some reason, I went directly
 to the French, "deshabille" (might be missing a couple of
 accents, there).  Same basic thought, though...

Jeff Zeitlin                                      [email protected]
---
 � OLXWin 1.00b � We have the right to survive!

Back to archive top level