tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 01 16:05:18 1997

RE: meeting greeting

|January 31, 1997 2:16 PM EST, jatlh tevram:
|> Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome ot tonight's gathering.
|> We are all family here, so please make yourselves at home.
|>
|First of all, I feel that I must point out that if a Klingon were giving this
|lecture, he wouldn't bother with any of this.  He'd just get to the point.
|Maybe he'd shout {peba'!}
|
|Anyway, let me stress again that a Klingon speaker would not bother with all
|of these pleasantries.  He'd just get right to business.
|
|SuStel

Agreed. If your colleague has a sense of humor, how about giving him
something a little more Klingon to say? Something along the lines of:

   Sujatlh 'e' yImev!  DaH SoQwIj vItaghrup.
   Stop talking! I'm ready to begin my lecture now.

Voragh
(who's amazed that there's actually a word for "lecture"!)

Back to archive top level