tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 01 16:29:06 1997

Re: Klingon comm badge

At 15:00 01-02-97 -0800, you wrote:
>I have purchased a klingon comm badge to keep for use with a uniform,  I do
>not have who made it but I have did see a Paramount trade mark on the
>package. The question I need answered is, On the package the comm badge is
>quoted as saying "Yes, What do you want?" but as far as I can tell the badge
>actually has a recording of "HIja'  mo' mer". From TKD I know "YES, WHAT DO
>YOU WANT" should be said as "HIja' nuqneH". Is the recording part of the
>Klingonese I have seen being discussed here?

jIHvaD QumwI' je' jup
[HIja' nuqneH] jatlh 'oH
'ach yu'lu'DI' jangmeH [HIja'/yes] lo'lu'
vay' jatlhchugh [lu'] [luq] ghap lo'lu'  'e' vIQub
[nuqneH] neH yIjatlh

a friend bought a communicator for me.
it says "HIja' nuqneH".
but one would use [HIja'/yes] for answering when someone questions.
i think you would use [lu'] or [luq], IF you say anything.
just say "nuqneH".

DloraH

Back to archive top level