tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 07:12:39 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy

Qov writes:
 > }"The Brain"vo' qeSmey wIthlobchu'
 >
 > I don't think the thing requested is the object of {tlhob}, else it would be
 > glossed as "ask for."  And the {-vo'} implies movement or direction away
 > from the brain.
 >
 > I prefer {nuqeSmeH *The Brain* wItlhob}. "We ask The Brain for it to advise us."
 >
 > Qov     [email protected]
 > Beginners' Grammarian

It was suppose to mean

"We ask advices from the Brain."

I though vo' was for 'from'   is it only in a location, direction
sense ?

Maybe I should drop the tables... or make my own. Would it be ok
to distribute a modified chart for suffix and prefix ? (copyright,
and legal blah blah blah).

Which also brings the question, how can you copyright a language ?

Phil

Back to archive top level