tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 12:16:13 1997

Re: KLBC Challenge: similar suffixes

ghItlh Qov
> There are five Klingon suffixes that can be used on either nouns OR
> verbs.  One of them has the same meaning on both nouns and verbs.  The
> others have completely different meanings.
>
> Use your TKD to find all five suffixes, and for each suffix, write a
> sentence that uses it correctly on a noun and a verb.  Translate
> your sentences.

vummoHwI'wI' ghaH.
He's my employer.

nuch'a' Da'a' romuluSngan?
Does the Romulan behave as a great coward?

pumpu' naghpu'.
Rocks have fallen.

juplI' vIHoHlI'.
I am busy killing your friend.

muHaqmo' HaqwI' 'oy'mo' jIvIHlaHbe'.
I can't move because of the pain and because the surgeon is
performing surgery on me.

And now for the grand finale:

vummoHwI''a'lI' vIDalI'mo' jupwI'pu'mo' je bIHoH'eghpu' 'e' DanID'a'?

Have you tried to kill yourself because of my friends and because I
was busy to behave as you great employer?

(I know, {bIHoH'eghpu'} should be better with a {-ta'} suffix, and
{vIDalI'mo'} with a {-taH} suffix, but hey, I had to put those {-pu'}
and {-lI'} suffixes *somewhere*... :)

/Doneq
______
SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'