tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 13:27:56 1997

qepHommey

First, an apology for the last-minute nature of this message.  I can
offer no excuse.  But if you can think fast and make plans fast, I'd
like to hear from you.

Lawrence has appointed me "qepHom Coordinator", and I was supposed to
start contacting people some time ago to ask about their qepHom plans.
I have sent personalized messages to several of you; I hope nobody is
annoyed by the redundancy.  Now I'm putting out a general call for
hosts.  Anybody who wants to "do" a qepHom should let me know quickly.
(Please respond directly to [email protected], not to the list.)

Lawrence intends to publish in the December issue of _HolQeD_ a list
of qepHommey to be held in the first few months of 1998, which means
he needs to know who's planning them, and when, by Tuesday night
(that's December 16).  Basically all we need right now is a date, a
city, and a name with a phone number to contact for more information.
As the time gets closer, I can help with promotional material and
information to distribute before and during the event.

If you have been to a qep'a', you know how much fun it can be to
*speak* Klingon.  If you haven't, hosting a qepHom would be a great
way to find out.  But remember that these are "minor meetings" -- they
are not supposed to be big productions.  The flyers that the KLI can
provide call them "informal gatherings of Klingon enthusiasts."

There have been a few moderately successful qepHommey already (yes,
and one or two total duds, but we'll consider them startup problems).
Maybe some of the people who have held meetings would be willing to
give their insights and assistance to make the job easier on others.
There's a lot of potential payoff to be had here, with rather minimal
effort.  Let's get some exposure!

--
  Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist
   rookie qepHom Coordinator of the Klingon Language Institute

Back to archive top level