tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 08:11:16 1997

[KLBC and others] Name ?

How are names made in Klingon ?

I don't mean my name (Philippe) translated in Klingon. I mean when a
baby Klingon is borned, how do the parents choose him a name ?

Is it like the indians:
	he-who-fights-like-a-bear

or French were the name is mostly based on Latin and greek words
(Phil  <-- like in philanthropist, means friendly or friend)
 hippe  <-- like in hippodrome, horse race track

Philippe <-- friend with the horses

And more recently, sounds good... or from any other language.
Funny it seems we name ourselves from other Languages more than from
our own language :)

I side tracked here. What do Klingons do ?

I'm asking this because I need to name the ruler of the ennemy.

I though of ruler-of-the-night  (ramchewI') I just want to know if
it's the proper way to name someone in klingon.

I guess it would be converted to English as Ramchenwee.

Phil

Back to archive top level