tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 23 10:22:28 1997

RE: Day of Honor Postcard

      >According to KGT pp. 49-50, a more specific term to use
      >for this meaning is {vaj}:
>vaj quvlIj yIqel!
>Consider your warrior's honor!
>If the first word was intended as direct address, then {SuvwI'} is the
>appropriate term and {vaj} would be wrong:
>SuvwI'!
>Warrior!
>quvlIj yIqel!
>Consider your honor!
>Note that {SuvwI' quvlIj} for "your warrior's honor" is not wrong, but is not

>as specific or evocative as {vaj quvlIj}.

I knew there was another section in KGT that also reference <vaj> and <SuvwI'>
 (an awlful lot of stuff to try and injest in a day).

pp 113 and 114

on page 114 (It is noteworthy that in this idiom the word for "warrior" is not
the frequently heard SuvwI', which would denote an individual warrior, but
rather vaj, which refers to the whole idea of being a warrior.  ...  SuvwI'
Duj would mean the insticts of a specific warrior.  In this case, your
warriors honor could refer to the single warrior YOU.

KEN

Back to archive top level