tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 12:27:26 1997

Re: KLBC: Klingon CD

>Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 23:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>
>On Stardate 97592.9 muHwI' wrote:
>
>> I saw some people play "Kahless' Eyes".
>> qeylIS mInDu' reHlu' vIleghpu'.
>
>We have {Quj} which means "play a game."  This would probably be better.
>{reH} might mean a more general sort of playing, or it might mean an entirely
>different sort of playing (like playing a musical instrument, or playing a
>recording).

At the qep'a', Krankor asked MO if he was right in using "reH" for playing
his guitar (which he did regularly--both playing the guitar AND referring
to it using "reH", that is).  He said he hoped it was right because if it
wasn't he had nothing else.  MO replied that "reH" did *not* mean play in
the sense of playing a musical instrument (leastways, that's what I
remember).  He didn't volunteer a better word though.

~mark

Back to archive top level